Exactly one month ago today my life was changed forever. On 11/09/2010 my wife and I were blessed with the birth of a baby boy. After a relatively easy (well for me anyway) labour a screeching bundle of joy was delivered into my trembling arms, a moment I will never forget. He was a healthy 7lb 10oz, all the right bits in all the right places and I can say without a hint of bias the most beautiful baby I had ever seen. We’ve named him Adam Thomas Binns.
Since that day what have I learnt?
- Babies are forever, they take a lot of time and devotion
- There’s no manual
- You can’t reason with a screaming baby
- Frustration and bewilderment can instantly be replaced by joy with a single smile
- Babies poo a lot
- What works one day, fails the next
- Nothing can prepare you for the change a baby brings – you can try, but I guarentee it will be more than you can ever imagine.
- It has taken me one month to write this post!
I’d like to say a huge Thank You to every one of our friends and family for all their kind messages and presents we’ve received. Abi and I have been overwhelmed by everyone’s generoisty.
One month down, and a lot more to come, wish us luck!